Wednesday, February 21, 2024

The age of AI

 “We like to think of America as the land of opportunity” as stated by the documentary “The Age of AI”. AI unfortunately is taking over this concept because automation is taking over labor jobs. In this documentary, surveillance capitalism along with concepts regarding the scary truth of Artificial intelligence are discussed. 



Some things that surprised me about AI that I learned from this documentary is that its not just the things you put online that gets your information out. We always think about our “digital footprint” and are advised about how and what we post on the internet, but even if you have never posted online but have a car, a cell phone and have done a simple web search, your information is out there. 


Some positive aspects discussed about AI in this documentary are AI’s ability to complete complex algorithms that would otherwise take humans a very long time. Benefits like this will skyrocket our ability to know more about the world we live in, contribute to science and math and other exciting advances in technology. 


Our privacy is ruined as we know it. There is no escaping the technology and AI and how it is being used because it is in everything we do. This documentary also touches on the future of wealth for high tech companies, because they are now able to sell our information like never before. 


Online security is also another threat to us. What we put out in the world is no longer the only way our information is stolen. Choosing providers and companies we trust with our information is going to be a vital aspect in our future. 


With more and more I learn about AI, I feel like I am living in a Black Mirror episode. The Age of AI documentary scared me, informed me, and rattled my beliefs about the pros and cons of artificial intelligence and how I will use it.






No comments:

Post a Comment

My digital footprint and experience with TikTok fake news

In class, Professor Smith asked what social media we use and everyone raised their hands when asked if we had TikTok. I spend lots of my fre...